What's new
What's new

Haas) Mini Mill-2 ) 20 Minute Spindle Warm up program is taking 2 hours

Hi All,

Not sure what's going on here.
Any help would be much appreciated.

It ran great the past 4 days. On the 5th day. The normal 20 minute Spindle Warm up program is taking 2 hours.

I powered the Mini Mill off powdered it back on and ran the warm cycle for another stunning 2 hours.

What could cause this change?

Two other things I don't know if they're related.
1. The spindle speed on my normal tool in a manual operation has changed from 3000 RPMs to 146 RPMs.

2. This morning did I experimented with changing the measurement settings from inches to metric. But soon as I confirmed this worked. I changed it back to in. Could this be related to the change in my machine? The timing's right.

Now that I've worked through this problem it seems more like a power loss from something.

Thx in advance.

Last edited:
There is a warmup, and a spindle break in that is ran at initial setup or, if machine sets for a long time months as an example.
you are probably running the wrong program

So one of my machine has a 2020 and a 2021 one for 20 min. one for 2hrs.
Houdini: You're exactly right I was running the wrong program. I was running the 002021 (spindle run in) program. In the program it sa
ys "cycle time is 2 hours". Not the 2020 (spindle warm-up) "cycle time is 20 minutes"

Note: Running the normal spindle warm up cycle for 20 minutes fixed the operational spindle speed speed as well.

Thx

Hi All,

Not sure what's going on here.
Any help would be much appreciated.

It ran great the past 4 days. On the 5th day. The normal 20 minute Spindle Warm up program is taking 2 hours.

I powered the Mini Mill off powdered it back on and ran the warm cycle for another stunning 2 hours.

What could cause this change?

Two other things I don't know if they're related.
1. The spindle speed on my normal tool in a manual operation has changed from 3000 RPMs to 146 RPMs.

2. This morning did I experimented with changing the measurement settings from inches to metric. But soon as I confirmed this worked. I changed it back to in. Could this be related to the change in my machine? The timing's right.

Now that I've worked through this problem it seems more like a power loss from something.

Thx in advance.
Edit your P numbers.
You might have to learn G-code...

Is it just thawing out in Alaska now ... :scratchchin:
Seymour!!
Just only patches of snow at sea level, plenty to go higher.
Pussy willows ready to burst!
Here in a week or so, the leaves will be popping out on the trees so fast, you will be able to hear them.
The world will go from brown to blinding green in a week.
An amazing time... Life-long Alaskan, and the magic of it still blows me away.
I thank God for these gifts.
Mark

Houdini: You're exactly right I was running the wrong program. I was running the 002021 (spindle run in) program. In the program it sa
ys "cycle time is 2 hours". Not the 2020 (spindle warm-up) "cycle time is 20 minutes"

Note: Running the normal spindle warm up cycle for 20 minutes fixed the operational spindle speed speed as well.

Thx
Cool. I couldn't help the kick in the ribs, you had it coming.
I can talk G-code to you on the telephone and describe a part.
And if you talked G code to me on the phone, I'd be able to tell you what you were building.
It is a language, You have to know it.
The stuff that comes out of the software is usually..... wrong.
If you want to be any good, you have to be able to glance at a program, and mop it up.
Either it will destroy your tooling or scrap your project. You cannot trust any of it.
If you cannot read G-code...
Get out of CNC.

Pussy willows ready to burst!
Here in a week or so, the leaves will be popping out on the trees so fast, you will be able to hear them.
The world will go from brown to blinding green in a week.
An amazing time... Life-long Alaskan, and the magic of it still blows me away.

Mark, I am ready to experience your magic, and finally can do so at will.
But, just as I am not interested in Florida's July, Alaska's January is similarly unappetizing.

Mark, I am ready to experience your magic, and finally can do so at will.
But, just as I am not interested in Florida's July, Alaska's January is similarly unappetizing.
We pay a heavy price for this.
To me, it is well worth it.
Winter is 1/2 the year. And it is tough.
Spring comes on a Thursday, by Sunday it is gone.
Same with Fall.
But they are amazing.

Cool. I couldn't help the kick in the ribs, you had it coming.
I can talk G-code to you on the telephone and describe a part.
And if you talked G code to me on the phone, I'd be able to tell you what you were building.
It is a language, You have to know it.
The stuff that comes out of the software is usually..... wrong.
If you want to be any good, you have to be able to glance at a program, and mop it up.
Either it will destroy your tooling or scrap your project. You cannot trust any of it.
If you cannot read G-code...
Get out of CNC.
His awareness of G-code is matched by your awareness of post dates. 🤣

I also love how you think most code generated by software is wrong. Yes, you go ahead and study the 5000 lines of code I was running the other day and you tell me what's 'wrong'.

Back